CRIMINAL APPEALS LAWYER
Christian T. Souza represents individuals in state and federal appeals and post-conviction matters in the Dallas and North Texas area, and he accepts cases from across the State of Texas. The Law Office of Christian T. Souza is located on Central Expressway in Dallas, near downtown. Christian T. Souza speaks Spanish personally, having lived in Guadalajara, Mexico. Christian T. Souza:
- Began working on criminal appeals 20 years ago as a briefing attorney for the 11th Court of Appeals of Texas at Eastland. The 11th Court of Appeals has extensive geographical jurisdiction west of Fort Worth.
- Has served as an appellate prosecutor in Kaufman County and as an appellate defender for Dallas County.
- Is rated “Superb,” the highest possible level (10/10), by AVVO.com.
- Has given numerous presentations for attorney associations in Dallas and Kaufman Counties.
- Has published articles on criminal law in statewide professional publications.
- Has numerous published cases in the official attorney case book reporter.
- Has been interviewed by The Texas Lawyer regarding criminal appeals. The Texas Lawyer is a statewide weekly publication for law professionals.
- Has often been brought into cases by outside law firms who need help representing their own clients in appellate matters.
The object of an appeal and of most post-conviction matters will be to attempt to obtain a ruling that there should never have been a trial, or to obtain a new trial or a favorable sentence revision. Christian T. Souza normally undertakes representation and takes the place of the trial lawyer soon after the conviction.
- Texas and Federal Criminal Appeals
- Post-Conviction Writs of Habeas Corpus
- Expunction and Non-Disclosure
- Federal Sentencing
- Illegal Police Conduct
- Criminal Law Issues
- Ineffective Trial Lawyer
- Probation Matters
- Correction of Judgments
- DNA Testing Motions
- Investigations and Grand Jury
- Trial Representation
- Types of Offenses
- CORTE DE APELACIONES CRIMINALES DICE QUE JUICIO FUE PERMITIDO SIN TRADUCCIÓN DE IDIOMAS En un caso decidido esta semana, la Corte de Apelaciones Penal de Texas en Austin sostenido que un hablante nativo de español, que no ....
- COURT OF CRIMINAL APPEALS HOLDS TRIAL WAS PERMISSIBLE WITHOUT LANGUAGE TRANSLATION In a case decided this week, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals in Austin held that a native Spanish speaker who did not understand English could not ....
- RESULTADOS JUDICIALES QUE DEBEN REVISAR CONFESIÓN EN DOS PARTES En octubre de 2013, el Tribunal Criminal de Apelaciones de Texas consideró la Quinta Enmienda y el privilegio de un acusado a no auto ....