CRIMINAL APPEALS LAWYER
Christian T. Souza represents individuals in state and federal appeals and post-conviction matters in the Dallas and North Texas area, and he accepts cases from across the State of Texas. The Law Office of Christian T. Souza is located on Central Expressway in Dallas, near downtown. Christian T. Souza speaks Spanish personally, having lived in Guadalajara, Mexico. Christian T. Souza:
- Began working on criminal appeals 20 years ago as a briefing attorney for the 11th Court of Appeals of Texas at Eastland. The 11th Court of Appeals has extensive geographical jurisdiction west of Fort Worth.
- Has served as an appellate prosecutor in Kaufman County and as an appellate defender for Dallas County.
- Is rated “Superb,” the highest possible level (10/10), by AVVO.com.
- Has given numerous presentations for attorney associations in Dallas and Kaufman Counties.
- Has published articles on criminal law in statewide professional publications.
- Has numerous published cases in the official attorney case book reporter.
- Has been interviewed by The Texas Lawyer regarding criminal appeals. The Texas Lawyer is a statewide weekly publication for law professionals.
- Has often been brought into cases by outside law firms who need help representing their own clients in appellate matters.
The object of an appeal and of most post-conviction matters will be to attempt to obtain a ruling that there should never have been a trial, or to obtain a new trial or a favorable sentence revision. Christian T. Souza normally undertakes representation and takes the place of the trial lawyer soon after the conviction.
- Texas and Federal Criminal Appeals
- Post-Conviction Writs of Habeas Corpus
- Expunction and Non-Disclosure
- Federal Sentencing
- Illegal Police Conduct
- Criminal Law Issues
- Ineffective Trial Lawyer
- Probation Matters
- Correction of Judgments
- DNA Testing Motions
- Investigations and Grand Jury
- Trial Representation
- Types of Offenses
- RESULTADOS JUDICIALES QUE DEBEN REVISAR CONFESIÓN EN DOS PARTES En octubre de 2013 , el Tribunal de Apelaciones en lo Penal de Texas consideró la Quinta Enmienda y el privilegio de un acusado a no ....
- FINDINGS REQUIRED FOR REVIEW OF TWO-STEP INTERROGATION In October of 2013, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals considered the Fifth Amendment and a criminal defendant's privilege against self-incrimination ....
- USO DE INTERNET POR JURADOS NO PERJUDICAR LA CONDENA SI NO RESULTO AL MENOS UN JURADO El CONVERTIRSE PARCIALIZADOS El Sexto Tribunal de Apelaciones en Texarkana, Texas anunció su decisión el mes pasado en una apelación involucra acusaciones de mala ....